Akinoso Taiwo Olugbenga was born on 28th October, 1971 at Ikeja General Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos State. He attended African Church Primary School and Lagos African Church Grammar School between 1977 – 1983 and 1983 – 1988 respectively.
Between 1990 – 1997, He proceeded to Federal University of Technology, Minna, for his first degree in Geology where he bagged Bachelor of Technology, in Geology. He served with Shell Staff School Edjeba, Warri, Delta State between 1997 – 1998 for his NYSC.
He proceeded to University of Lagos for his Masters in Environmental Management between 2002 and 2004.
Mr. Akinoso joined the Lagos State Public Service on 12thJanuary, 2000 as Geologist 1 grade level 09 where he rose through the ranks to the current post of Assistant Director Grade level 15. He was the immediate past HOD of Solid Mineral Department, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development and presently, the Assistant Director/ HOD Complaint and Investigation Department, Lagos State Safety Commission.
In the course of his career in service, he has served in many Ministries, Departments and Agencies namely:
- LASEPA, (2000 – 2001 )
- the defunct Office of the Special Adviser on Mineral Resources Development ( 2001 – 2011)
- Lagos State Safety Commission ( 2011 – 2013)
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources ( 2013 – 2016)
- Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development ( 2016 )
- Lagos State Safety Commission ( 2016 – Date)
Mr. Akinoso is also a member of many inter ministerial committees in the State public service among which includes:
- Special Committee on Lagos State Solid Mineral (2002)
- Committee on Lagos State Cable Car ( 2013 – Date)
- Committee on Drafting of Lagos State Environmental Impact Assessment Law (2008)
- Inter Ministerial Committee on Water Regulation (2011)
- Participated towards establishment Lagos State Safety Commission.
- Safeguard Committee of the defunct Lagos Metropolitan Development and Governing Project (LMDGP) (2008 )
- Part of Lagos State delegate on World Congress on Oil and Gas, Johanesburg, South – Africa, 2005.
- Designed and introduced safety plan template as a safety regulatory instrument to the Lagos State Safety Commission.
- Participated in the drafting of the Commission School Safety Policy.
- Play advisory role to the newly created Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).
- Facilitated the inclusion of Lagos State as one of the nation’s Oil Producing States,
- Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS)
- Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria ( ISPON)
- Council of Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (COMEG)
- Recipient of the DG’s award for the first staff of the Lagos State Safety Commission (2014)
Mr. Akinoso Taiwo is married and blessed with three Children.